Pages

Monday, February 12, 2018

This week of Valentines .. A no knead bread recipe..






Good Evening my dears.. 
Here we are on the second post for this week of Valentines.. 
Yesterday I mentioned that I would like to make a loaf of homemade bread today to help us celebrate.. 
Last post can be seen HERE

I did get it made and we enjoyed a slice for our supper..
 Here is the recipe which was on a post several years ago.. 

NO KNEAD CINNAMON RAISIN BREAD...

1 package active dry yeast
1 1/2 cups of warm water (105 -115 degrees)
1 tsp. sugar
2 Tablespoons honey
2 Tablespoons butter
1 teaspoon salt
3 cups flour. divided

1 Tablespoon cinnamon
1 cup raisins
In a large bowl dissolve yeast in the warm water and add sugar and honey and stir.  Add butter, salt and 2 cups flour...
Beat with electric mixer on LOW until blended..

Beat on high speed  for one minute..
Stir in remaining flour with a wooden spoon.
Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled in size...
Punch down by stirring with a heavy spoon.  Stir in raisins and cinnamon.  Spoon batter into a loaf pan.  Let rist again until batter reaches the top of the pan.. (I forgot and let it rise higher)
Bake in a preheated 350 degrees oven for forty minutes or until when tapped it sounds hollow...Cool on wire rack..
This batter bread is a wonderful treat for breakfast or in "munchkin's " lunch sack as peanut-butter-and-jelly sandwiches..
This recipe came from Alaska....
If you get a chance to try this you will find it very easy and very tasty..

And as promised here is another Valentine's post from a few years ago.. 
I hope you enjoy ... 


Good Morning Dear Ladies...
Yesterday, Terry and I visited my Mom and Step-Dad to help them get the snow off their roof... Well, Terry did that and I helped Mom make dinner... We have a good time doing 
time as my Mom and I love to cook but she still uses her own methods and it makes us laugh... 
Yesterday was Valentines Day and when we walked into their home  I noticed 2 cards on
 the table that they had given to each other... He is 80 in April and Mom will be 77... 
That shows you that ROMANCE need never die..smile..

As I was thinking about this post I thought I would like to share with you a few things that my Mom has taught me about MARRIAGE and about home and  family.
Not by TELLING me but by SHOWING me...
No matter how  OLD you are you can still LEARN  from your MOTHER... right?
As my Mom gets closer to 80 I want to appreciate every moment that we share together
I hope you will find  this little list inspiring and interesting....

1.  Serve God... no matter what... Make Him the CENTRE of your HOME...

2.  Work out the problems in your marriage and be CONTENT....
Not everything will be perfect....Make the best of what you have...

3.  Always make sure that you  PRIMP  just before your husband gets back home.. I noticed my Mom doing this since I was a small child.. Just before my Dad would be getting in from work she would fix her hair and make sure she was tidied up..I never forgot.

4.  Always kiss him good morning, good night and good bye..

5.  Make good meals with what he likes... Don't just dote to your kids... He is IMPORTANT...

6.  If it is just you and him then put on the candles and light them and make it a SPECIAL time even when it isn't..
(One day last year I dropped into Moms and she did not know I was coming.  It was an ordinary day but she had the candles on and the potato salad was decorated with sliced tomato  and everything was fancy.. I asked her what was special and she said  "Oh, nothing... I just wanted to make it nice for him"  ... Sweet, eh?

7. Take pride in your husband  and see that he is dressed  as well as you dress yourself...
My Mom was telling me yesterday about how our pastor always complimented my dear Dad when he was alive about how nice he always looked.. My Dad told him to give the credit to Mom..
Do you know she even combed my Dad's hair.. Always..
No.. I don't do that....lol..

8.  Go with him as much as you can and always stop for a cup of tea..It doesn't need to be much... just a treat (as my Mom calls it) 
.I know with children that is not always possible but when it is....
Be each other's best friend...Enjoy being with him...

9.  Have as much COMPANY  in your home as you can manage and always have FUN...Entertain together..

10.  LAUGH together .... a lot...

11.  PRAY together... daily...

12. CHERISH your MARRIAGE... it is precious....

Okay???

 I hope this blesses you..
A little different posting but as Keepers of our Homes we need to make sure our relationship with OUR HUSBAND is a priority.. It affects not only our children's happiness but our own...
As was once said... The best thing you can do for your child is to LOVE THEIR FATHER...

In Titus 2:4......to teach younger women to love their husbands ... to love their children...
I wish I could say that I have faithfully followed these wee tips that I learned from Mom...Sometimes I fail.... But I have learned that when the rubber meets the road that the dear man I married ( and sometimes drives me crazy. ) is GOD'S PLAN for my life and I need to do ALL I can to keep that relationship SWEET....
Right???

Have a wonderful week my dears and thanks for stopping by and Yes you still need to listen to your MOM...smile...


Thank you once again for dropping by my friends and I look forward to hearing from you.. 
Until tomorrow night.. 
PEACE...

8 comments:

  1. What size loaf pan do you use? I'd love to try this recipe, we love cinnamon raisin bread

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Bacca.. Just a regular bread loaf pan.. 9 x 4 or a bit more or less won't make any difference.. Thanks for stopping by.. xxo

      Delete
  2. My Sweetheart would love this bread! I will definitely be giving it a try. :) Thank you for sharing the recipe, Faye. I loved reading again about the things you learned about marriage from your mother's example. So precious...especially the day you dropped in when she didn't know you were coming and how special she had the table set because she wanted to make it special for him. Love that! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such an uplifting post. I am blessed to still have my Mum and Dad and they like your parents and now step Dad make time for each other. I like to think that Gerard and I have a good marriage but we have had to work on it and still do. We are best friends. Love the recipe for the bread, it looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks YUMMY ! as all your foods do . You are soo blessed to have your mum and dad to share your days with and that they still have that special kind of love for one another . Ken and I are best friends as well so I think that helps in our marriage to we seem to really complete each other . Thanks for sharing , Have a wonderful week to you all !

    ReplyDelete
  5. I told Jim this morning - "We are buddies, aren't we?" He surprised me with a fat kiss on the cheek! It is good to have fun and laugh. Thanks for the wonderful post, Faye. How many years have I followed you? Your posts have helped me so much. I love your views, although they usually are like mine!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for sharing this recipe. Cannot wait to try. Happy Hearts Day!
    Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I appreciate your blog so much. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete